Hemp and Apple Protein Balls Recipe
For a sweet treat that is packed with nutrition, try these hemp and apple protein balls -easy to make- no baking required! They have the taste of a sweet cookie but are full of healthy ingredients. Who would know they were good for you?
New to hemp?
Hemp is a nutrient-dense plant, and hemp seeds are an excellent source of easily digestible protein. Hemp also contains more omega 3s than any other food out there! These awesome supplements can help treat heart disease, depression, diabetes, and inflammation among many other ills with their soothing properties.
Naturally gluten-free as well as vegan friendly these balls make for a delicious mid-morning snack or when your sweet craving hits at midnight too. You can also easily freeze them and pop them in your pocket for a snack on the go. Or skip the nuts and pack them in the kids' lunch box.
|Pitted Large Dates||
1 1/2 cups
|Dried Apple Rings||1 cup|
|Hemp Oil||2 Tbsp|
|Hemp Protein||2 Tbsp|
- In a food processor, add in the following order:
Dates, Raisins, Hemp Seed ( 1/2 cup), Almonds, Apple Rings, Walnuts, Hemp Protein, Cinnamon
- Mix on pulse until ingredients are broken down
- Pour Hemp oil while the processor is running, slowly
- Trail mix is loosely packed, for bars and bites -- add simple syrup to make trail mix malleable
- Roll bars or bites into hemp seed (1/2 cup)